E-waste Management Industry Overview
The global e-waste management market size was estimated at 44.7 million metric tons in 2016. It is projected to register a CAGR of 4.1% from 2017 to 2025. With rapid urbanization and industrialization in developing as well as developed economies, adoption of novel technologies is gaining momentum.
Technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT) are leading to use of electronic devices in practically every human activity. Therefore, proliferation of electronic devices is expected to lead to a significant amount of waste generation, thereby driving the market.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global E-waste Management Market
Rising health hazards such as bronchitis, kidney damage, and Wilson’s disease, due to inadequate discharge of toxic materials from electronic scrap and incineration, are augmenting the need for efficient scrap management techniques. Furthermore, the presence of precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum, and gallium makes electronic scrap recycling an attractive and feasible option. These factors are poised to positively influence market growth.
Furthermore, widening base of middle-income population in developing economies and shifting consumer preferences are resulting in rapid replacement of older versions of an electronic product with a newer version. This, in turn, is boosting the sales of electronic devices. Moreover, electronic device manufacturers follow sustainable disposal practices in order to adequately manage electronic devices at their end-of-life period, such as take-back policy. Such factors are anticipated to work in favor of the market during the forecast period.
Governments across the globe are implementing numerous regulations and policies to effectively manage e-waste. For instance, in India, the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change has mandated that electronic device manufacturers are responsible for recycling and reducing e-waste in the country. Additionally, several other methods are being implemented to minimize e-waste generation, including use of renewable materials, production process modifications, and green packaging options.
Browse through Grand View Research's Advanced Interior Materials Industry Research Reports.
- IoT Market - The global Internet of Things (IoT) market size was valued at USD 605.69 billion in 2014. Technological proliferation and increasing investments are expected to drive the global market over the next seven years. Significant advances in telecommunication and growing penetration of internet and broadband services have further propelled the growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) industry.
- Green Packaging Market - The global green packaging market size was valued at USD 274.15 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% from 2020 to 2028. Growing consumer awareness regarding sustainable packaging, together with the strict bans regarding the usage of single-use plastics, are expected to fuel the industry growth. The industry is anticipated to grow at a steady rate owing to the growing food and beverage industry that is increasingly adopting packaging made from degradable and recyclable materials.
E-waste Management Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global e-waste management market on the basis of processed material, source, application, and region:
E-waste Management Processed Material Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons, 2014-2025)
E-waste Management Source Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons, 2014-2025)
- Industrial Electronics
- IT Telecom Equipment
- Networking Cards/Equipment
- Digital Boards
- Medical Equipment
- Monitoring And Control Equipment
- IT Telecom Equipment
- Consumer Electronics
- Household Appliances
- Handheld Electronics
- IT Accessories
- Laptop Cases
- USD Memory Sticks
- IT Equipment
- Household Appliances
Application Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons, 2014-2025)
E-waste Management Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons, 2014-2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East Africa
Market Share Insights
- December 2017: MBA Polymers, Inc. founded a plant in India to develop waste management and post-consumer plastic production unit in Pune, India. The new plant has capacity of recycling up to 100 MT of electronic and automotive plastic waste to produce post-consumer plastic for the booming Indian and Asian market.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global E-waste management market include
- Electronic Recyclers International, Inc.
- Enviro-Hub Holdings Ltd.
- MRI (Australia) Pty Ltd.
- Sims Recycling Ltd.
- Umicore S.A.
- Waste Management, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the E-waste Management Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519