What is Blind Spot Detection (BSD) ?
Assists the drivers to avoid a collision by detecting people in the blind spot area when driving.
Commercial vehicles are big and often suffer from very poor visibility, despite being generously equipped with mirrors. Almost invariably, the driver cannot see important areas beside the vehicle. The Mobile DVR with such AI functionality enable the Blind Spot Detection using cameras mounted at the side of the cabin to monitor the detection zone for people. The system warns the driver if people is approaching, thereby assisting the driver to avoid hitting the people.
How many types of alarms of Blind Spot Detection ？
There 6 types of alarm of BSD (Blind Spot Detection):
1. Beware of the large vehicles. (*The lowest level 1, it means there is a certain distance between the people and the vehicle.)
2. Keep distance from vehicles. (*The middle level 2, it means the people is approaching to the vehicle.)
3. Danger, danger! (*The highest level, it means the people is very close to the vehicle.)
4. Vehicle turns right, be aware.
5. Vehicle turns left, be aware.
6. Vehicle starts to move, be aware.
The above alarms will be broadcasted aloud over the Visual-audible buzzer with illumination mounted at the side of the cabin to give alerts to people.
Targeted objects of people in blind spot area:
The BSD cameras is optional according to the different types of vehicle. The height of installation and camera angle are different. There are 3 models of BSD cameras as below: